Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Pointe apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Can additional furniture be brought into the apartment?
- Yes, but you should first discuss with your roomates.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card?
- Great News! The Pointe added a new feature that lets you pay online! View your balance, submit electronic checks, or pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover from any computer. Just log on to our website, click the "Pay Rent" button. This will take you to our resident rent pay portal. There is a small convenience charge for this service.
- Can I request an apartment or roommates?
- Absolutely! Just let us know in writing and we will do our best to accomodate your requests.
- Can I use my financial aid?
- Yes. But you must show written documentation from the aid office prior to move in. Please contact the office accountant to discuss the details.
- Do I have to have a meal plan?
- How do our rates compare to on-campus housing rates?
- When comparing our rates to on-campus rates you must take into consideration many variables, including floor plan layout, square footage, furniture, utilities, and community amenities. Our leasing staff is available to discuss with you how our rates compare to other housing options and validate that our community offers you the best value for your money, as well as a great location and incredible amenities.
- How many people live there?
- There is a total of 984 beds on site.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of one (1) month's rent.
- If I pay in full, do I get a discount?
- No we do not offer discounts for upfront payment.
- Is parking available?
- There is ample parking throughout the site. But, if you would like to rent a reserved spot - we have covered carports and reserved areas.
- What types of leases are available?
- Individual leases for each resident.
- What types of apartments/rooms are available?
- We have three types of room layouts! 2 bedroom - 2 bath; 3 bedroom - 3 bath; 4 bedroom - 4 bath You never have to share your bathroom!!
- How close to campus are you?
- The Pointe is located only 2 miles from campus.
- What do I need to hook up my computer to the internet?
- Just an ethernet card in your computer.
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
- You need to speak with the office staff to discuss this and we will work with you to remedy the situation.
- What is the cost?
2 bedrooms are $765.00 per installment, 3 bedrooms are $675.00 per installment and 4 bedrooms are $645.00 per installment.
- What size are the beds?
- They are a full sized.
- What utilities are included in my rent?
- Your rent includes extended basic cable with HBO (HBO in living room only), internet, water, sewer and garbage.
- When can I move in?
August 18, 2018 from 8am-5pm or August 19, 2018 from 8am-5pm.
- When is my first payment due?
July 15, 2018
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
- No. The rental installments are simply due on the first of every month.